BTT Privacy Commitment
Who is Bodmin Town Team?
We are an enthusiastic and committed group of volunteers representing all parts of the local community who are working together to improve the economic, social and cultural well-being of our town.
Our voting members include representatives from local councils, businesses, local public services and the voluntary and community sector. We also have support from a range of advisors who attend meetings as required as non-voting members. These include members of Cornwall Council and Bodmin Town Council staff as well as other people providing specialist input and advice.
You can find our more about the Town Team and how it is run on our page.
Why does Bodmin Town Team use Personal Data?
Bodmin Town Team uses very little personal data. However, we do use personal data for the following purposes:
- Better understand the needs of our website visitors and how we can improve our membership services
- Provide information which may be of interest to you about Bodmin Town Team
- Answer requests received through forms and emails
- Respond to those that might be interested in supporting with Bodmin Town Team
- Perform the activities required to run compliant group
We only collect personal data so we can provide you with the best experience on our website and to provide information to Bodmin residents and businesses.
What information do we process?
We process the following categories of data:
- Contact information, like names, email addresses and phone numbers.
- Business information, for example organisation name, web links, payment details and transaction data
- Anonymous information such as IP addresses and cookie preferences
We process only the personal information required to support the Town Team’s aims.
How long do we keep your data?
When we do store information, we keep it for the following periods:
- Information gathered by cookies for the purposes of managing the website is retained for no more than 12 months.
- Personal data provided to subscribe to a mailing list will be retained until consent is withdrawn or no more than 12 months following the last email sent to that list.
- Other Information will be kept for periods not exceeding 7 years.
We keep your data whilst we are working with you and then retain some of that data in line with established good practice and legal requirements.
What rights do you have over the data we use?
Your rights as the data subject:
- You can ask to see what data we hold on you (right of access)
- You can ask for information to be corrected
- You can ask to receive a copy of the data we hold on you (right to portability)
- You can ask us to delete any information we have about you (right to be forgotten)
- You can object to the way in which we use your information
- You can complain to the supervisory authority (See ICO Site)
If you wish to enact any of these rights then you can do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your personal information is owned by you. If you have any questions or issues with the way in which we are using your data you have rights over that data.
Who has access to your data?
Where your data goes:
- The chair of the Town Team controls the contact information the Town Teams members and engagement group.
- Aggregate information on the usage of our website will be passed to third parties (e.g. Google Analytics) but this will not include data that can be used to identify a natural person
- Where we do collect personal information this will be stored on the systems of our software cloud service providers in the UK. We have checked and will continue to check that these providers implement appropriate security measures to protect this data
- When a form is filled in the contents are checked through an automated spam detection service.
As a principle we do not share any of the personal information that we hold.
Where is the information stored?
When you provide information, we will enter and store it in our online databases. When we do store data, reasonable measures are taken to protect it. We currently use the following technology providers:
- Infrastructure: AWS – Website content and basic email functions
- Productivity: Google – Contact details, email, general file storage
- Website Analytics: Google Analytics – Anonymised at source
Primarily, your data is kept online with reputable solutions providers. A limited amount of information may be kept in our paper notes.
How do we get permission to use your data?
Where we collect personal information, we do so on the basis that you:
- have specifically said we can (consent)
- have engaged with our website and have an interest in our services (legitimate interest)
If we do seek to collect personal information through our website on a form, we will be up-front, clear and open about this. We will make it evident when we are collecting personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
Who can you contact for more information on privacy?
Data Controller: Bodmin Town Team is a data controller and our nominated contact is Carol Randall – email@example.com
We have individuals available to help should you have any concerns at all about your privacy.
Just a few other related points
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year.
If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website. We make every effort to ensure these are suitable and appropriate but cannot take any responsibility if the embedded content is compromised or replaced without notice.